Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not Speaking in Faith

About two weeks ago I went on the usual lunch break / Bible study session at work and found one guy already there. He asked me how I was doing and I told him I had a sore throat, but I'm not letting it get to me.
 
Then he tells me "No brother, don't speak like that. You're not speaking out of faith (I think what he meant was I'm not speaking in faith). You must believe that you have already been healed."
 
He then went on to to explain in some way that I was showing a lack of faith.
 
I then tried explaining to him the the human body is weak and we are still awaiting our glorifed bodies at the coming of Jesus Christ (the resurrection).
 
I said to him that Paul told Timothy to drink wine for his stomach problem... and how did Paul know about this stomach problem?... Timothy must have made it known to him. So was Timothy then displaying a lack of faith by admitting he had a stomach problem?...
 
To this question they guy could not answer me, yet he still believes I was not "speaking out of faith".
 
I just left it at that... I remember a time when I had ALMOST a similar attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment