Monday, September 7, 2009

God's Army

All my life all I ever wanted to do was join the military. I always dreamed about joining either the army or navy, but not so much the air-force. I used to joke that the one thing holding me back was that I didn’t want to lose my hair as I like my long, braided hairstyle. This hairstyle was also my trademark when I was still a “famous carnival singer” while I was going through high school.

Then came 16 June 2009... On this day I did indeed join the army... God’s Army! I gave my life to the Lord and committed myself to obeying God’s commands rather than obeying and dying for a president and country who doesn’t know a thing about me much less care about me the way God does.

So now I am a soldier of God... My body is the soldier, my tongue is my rifle, the Bible (Word of God) is my ammunition, the Holy Spirit is my compass so I do not get lost in the wilderness (this world), God is my president, Heaven is the country I fight for and Jesus... Jesus remains my saviour, because all soldiers of God need Jesus as their saviour.

So join the same army I did and you can be assured that you are fighting on the right side of the battle between good and evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment