Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and don't lean on your own understanding."

Many of us say that we trust in the Lord completely, yet in certain situations we tend to rather make decisions based on our own knowledge or understanding of how things work.

For example we might be flat broke with not a cent in the pocket, have no food in the kitchen cupboards and be very hungry. This is usually when we have the tendency to give in to Satan’s temptation and rely on ourselves to ensure we have something to eat, yet Scripture tell us that man cannot live on bread alone. What we need to do in this case is go on our knees and pray that the Lord will provide food and whatever we need to survive and be patient in waiting for our prayers to be answered. (Again I urge not to have doubts when asking for God’s help)

I think the most difficult thing to do here is “don’t lean on your own understanding.” Remember that every difficult time we face is just a trial and test of faith. Pass these tests and you will grow in faith and in spirit.

Just last week I went through such a trial. I had no money, could not borrow from my neighbours, had no food and my kids were complaining that they were hungry. I was frustrated at feeling so helpless and I just started thinking of what I could do (my own understanding) to feed my kids, when my wife reminded me about Proverbs 3:5. I thank God for her…

I then went on my knees and prayed that God would help me and my prayers were answered… My mom came out of nowhere with some money, then a few minutes thereafter I got a text notification on my cellphone stating that an amount of R400 was deposited into my account. The my boss calls me up and tells me he had some cash and put it in my account. I wasn’t at work for a month due to slow business and I understood that my boss didn’t have any money, so this was a surprise to me. It could have been described as nothing else, but God answering a prayer.

So I encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ to never give up or give in the Satan’s temptations and keep praising our mighty God and he will never leave us in the dark.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment