Friday, September 18, 2009

Muslim Friend Wants To Convert

I know it’s been a while, but I had my focus on an old friend who suddenly contacted me out of the blue. We just started chatting about this and that and eventually it arose that she wants to convert from Islam to Christianity.

She wanted some guidance (I seem to have many people asking me this lately) and to learn more about Christianity. I then explained to her what it means to be a real Christian and not just someone who claims to be one just because he / she doesn’t form part of some other religion. I explained the whole concept of salvation and the Christian way of life according to the Bible and I was quite fascinated at how open and accepting she was of everything I told.

She then came to the conclusion the mind has been made up about becoming a Christian and following Christ, but there was the one dreadful ting holding her back... She would be totally, completely and inevitably disowned by her mother and grandmother. She has a brother and sisters, but she never mentioned them which probably means they will openly accept her decision.

I explained to her that Jesus said that whoever forsakes his mother, father, sister, brother, wife, husband, etc, in His name will be blessed with much more in His Kingdom. She understands this completely, but needs to come to terms with losing everyone important to her.

So my brothers and sisters I ask that you pray for this dear friend of mine so that our Living God may fill her heart with the peace and assurance that her sacrifice will be worth it.

I will keep you informed of the progress of this situation. Peace be with you...

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    How you doing? You've been in my prayers for the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Fahrenheit to Celsius

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web! google ads

    ReplyDelete