Sunday, August 30, 2009

Call no man on earth "Father"

Matthew 23:9 (GNB)

And you must not call anyone here on earth 'Father,' because you have only the one Father in heaven.

This is yet another thing I do not agree with when it comes to the Catholic Church. The Bible makes it very clear that no man should be call “Father”, yet they insist on calling their priests Father This and Father That...

Why do they do so many things that go against the Word of God yet claim to be the “Only True Church”? So if I want to go to heaven I’m supposed to do exactly the opposite of what the Bible says?... No way, not me!

Things I’ve also seen in the catholic church is idolatry, the belief that Mary is the advocate between God and man and not Jesus (they even pray to Mary and the bible is clear that we should only pray to God through Jesus) and when it comes to confession the priest has the authority to cleanse you of your sins by stating that you should say a couple of ‘hail Mary’s’ and in some cases pick up a cross and walk around the church dragging the cross on your back like Jesus did and this action is supposed to make God forgive you of your sins...

Did I get it wrong when I read that you should confess your sins to each other and God is the one you should pray to for the forgiveness of sins and no man has the authority to forgive sins? If I got this all wrong then someone please clarify ALL of this for me please!

No comments:

Post a Comment