Thursday, August 13, 2009

Christ comes first

"And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. " (Matthew 19:29).

These words illustrate the ultimate commitment towards our Saviour Jesus Christ. Are you ready to push your wife or partner aside to follow the Lord? Are you ready to push your CHILDREN aside to walk with the Lord? Sounds kinda cruel to do such hey thing hey...

I was in a sense faced with this situation. When I accepted Christ in my life I found myself losing friends and not being able to keep a "normal" conversation with my wife, because my way of thinking and living changed. I spent more time reading my bible than speaking to my wife and due to my new belief we found ourselves disagreeing on many issues. At this time my wife wasn't saved and she didn't understand my new way of living.

When I tried explaining things according to God's Word her reaction would be something like: "there you go preaching again". She even once joked that she lost her husband to God. It was a sad and difficult time for me, but that's the life of a Christian on earth. I realised I couldn't make her see things the way I did so I prayed for her constantly and left it all in God's hands.

Well the good news is God has answered my prayers. God opened her heart and she also accepted Christ. I realised then, before she got saved, that I might end up breaking up my family because of my faith and truth be told I was willing to go that far, to give up everything I have just to be right with my God.

I now truly know what it means to put God above everything and everyone in your life. In my life God comes first, then my wife and kids, but not myself. My own well being means nothing to me for I have already died and I only now live in Christ.

Jesus is my Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment