Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Narrow Gate to Heaven

Matthew 7:13-14 (Good News Bible)
"Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell is wide and the road that leads to it is easy and there are many who travel it. But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it."

This confirms what I once said to someone. The amazing thing was that I never even read this verse yet until a few minutes ago and already I knew it (keep in mind I am a brand new born-again Christian. A baby Christian so to speak). The guy I consider to be my mentor would tell me that is the work of the Holy Spirit.

So, back to the message, the Lord made no promise that accepting Christ and having complete faith in him would be easy instead he made it clear that it will be a hard life to live. We will lose friends, family and we must be willing to give up all riches (including our houses, cars, money, etc.) for we cannot serve two masters. We can't serve God and money. We must choose only one.

Not so easy hey... Well that's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment