Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Christian Family According To the Bible

Colossians 3:18 (Good News Bible)
Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, for that is what you should do as Christians... Now many modern women would not and do not agree with this as they have been brain washed by the media and encouraged to be independent from males. This causes them to become rebellious towards their husbands, which then causes huge arguments and even physical fights. Even my own wife finds it hard to agree with this, but I as head insist on leading my family the way the Bible instructs, so as wrong as this might seem, she has no choice. The Bible says so...

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them...
Husbands behold... I too was guilty of being bitter towards my wife at times. This caused pain and also arguments. But after I gave my Life to the Lord and learned what He expects from us as husbands. Who am I not to love my wife completely and treat her with respect if the Lord loves me completely and it was He who gave my wife to me?

Colossians 3:20
Children, it is your Christian duty to obey your parents always, for that is what pleases God...
Somewhere along the line between the time of my grandparents and today, something went horribly wrong upholding this instruction. Tell your child today to do something then they first want to give you a piece of their minds, stating they have a right to voice their own opinion. I wonder where they got that idea from... School?... TV?... Books?... I think all of us as Christian parents know the answer to that question. I think if we raise our children with the fear of God and keep them sheltered to a certain extent from outside influence while they are still young and learning about what God expects from them, then they might learn to obey this instruction.

Colossians 3:21
Parents, do not irritate your children, or they will become discouraged...
This one is a bit tricky as upholding this instruction will need cooperation from both sides. With the way our children are today, they get irritated with almost everything a parent says or does. Again I think this comes down to them having almost no fear of God for if they do, they would think twice before rebelling against mom or dad. In my case, I just play my Colossians 3:20 card and put them in place. I’m very old-school when it comes to disciplining my kids, so I don’t care what the authorities say... If they step out of line, I spank them. It worked when I was a kid and it works with my kids now. So Social Services, sue me, but my Instruction Manual (Bible) comes first.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment